Thank You for a Wonderful Movie Night!
« Back to News Listing
October 4, 2018
Santa Fe County hosted a free Community Movie Night at Romero Park on September 28, 2018 - It was a was well attended event, with a beautiful sunset backdrop! We estimated approximately 150 people joined us (although we are pretty sure more snuck in after the sunset). The partnership and collaborative efforts between the County and City included coordinated advertising and outreach to make this a successful community event. The movie night came together quickly and was a success through the work of many staff members! We just wanted to thank the following:
- Thank you to the Santa Fe Arts Commission and City of Santa Fe for extending their “Southside Summer” events by providing in-kind support.
- Thank you to our amazing Planning Staff that coordinated with the City for the Southside Summer event at Romero park
- Thank you to our Open Space and Trails maintenance crew for making Romero Park look amazing and helping with traffic control /parking – you guys were great!
- Thank you to our Building Services Division for making sure the park was ready for the public.
- Thank you to Utilities for lending their big emergency lights, they were a huge help with parking after the movie.
- Thank you to our Fire Department for having staff and apparatus on hand, and our Agua Fria station for coming over and lending their ambulance and fire truck.
- Thank you to the Sheriff’s Office deputies that walked through the field handing out cool swag to all the kids and chatting with attendees!
This truly was a wonderful collaboration, example of community coming together, and a simply fabulous way to spend a Friday night.