Below is a summary of the actions taken by the Santa Fe Board of County Commissioners (BCC) at their regular meeting on February 27, 2018. All five (5) Commissioners were present.
The BCC meeting minutes from the January 30, 2017 Board of County Commissioners Meeting were approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
• Recognition of New Santa Fe County Employees.
• Recognition of Years of Service of Santa Fe County Employees.
o Five (5) Years: Erika Garcia- Growth Management
Pauline Esquibel- PS/Corrections
Troy Wood- PS/Corrections
Tony Quintana- PW/Utilities
o Ten (10) Years: Kristine Mihelcic- CMO/PIO
Deborah Leyba-Dominguez- Public Works
Arthur Gonzales- PW/Building Services
Rufino Romero- Sheriff’s Office
• Recognition of the Santa Fe County Legislative Team.
Consent Agenda (Action Items)
All Consent Agenda items passed by a vote of 4-0, with Commissioner Roybal being absent.
• Request Approval of County Health Care Assistance Claims in the Amount of $62,609.97.
• Resolution No. 2018-22, A Resolution Requesting a Budget Increase to the Fire Operations Fund (244) to Budget State Forestry Revenue to the County Fire Department / $76,766.
• Resolution No. 2018-23, A Resolution Requesting a Budget Increase to the Fire Operations Fund (244) to Budget Insurance Recovery Revenue for the Fire Department / $1,129.
(End of Consent Agenda)
• Resolution No. 2018-24, A Resolution Requesting a Budget Increase To The Community Development Block Grants Fund (250) And Housing Assistance Fund (229) To Budget A Grant Awarded To The Housing Program/ $650,000.00 (CDBG). Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
• Resolution No. 2018-25, A Resolution Adopting the Water Policy Advisory Committee’s Meeting Calendar and Calendar Year 2018 Work Plan. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
• Resolution No. 2018-26, A Resolution Approving a Budget Increase To Hold Harmless Fund (205) To Budget Funds for Three Pueblo Right-Of-Way Settlement Agreements/ $1,500,000.00. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
• Board of County Commission Approval to Utilize the Houston Galveston Area Council Cooperative Purchase Agreement Pursuant to Ordinance No. 2012-5 Section 1, Outside Contracts to Purchase Two (2) Fire Department Tenders for Agua Fria Fire District and Turquoise Trail Fire District in the Amount of $578,428.00 and Authorizing the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Order. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
• Board of County Commission Approval to Utilize the Houston Galveston Area Council Cooperative Purchase Agreement Pursuant to Ordinance 2012-5 Section 1, Outside Contracts to Purchase One (1) Fire Department Pumper for the Hondo Fire District in the Amount of $459,987 and Authorizing the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Order. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
• Appointment of Mr. Daniel Goodman Representing Tourist Related Industries to the Santa Fe County Lodger’s Tax Advisory Board. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
Matters From the County Manager
• 2018 Legislative Session Wrap-up.
o Approval of a Letter of Support for HB64. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
o Approval of a Letter of Support for HB35 as Amended. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
Matters from County Commissioners and Other Elected Officials
• Resolution No. 2018-___, A Resolution Opposing the Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management Proposed Repeal of its Methane Rule Which was Intended to Reduce and Regulate Methane Leaking, Venting and Flaring from Oil and Gas Operations. Information Only.
• Presentation on Residential Substance Abuse Treatment at the Santa Fe County Adult Detention Facility.
• Presentation and Report from Santa Fe Business Incubator.
Matters From the County Attorney
• Executive Session. Limited Personnel Matters, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(2) NMSA 1978, Threatened or Pending Litigation in which Santa Fe County is or May Become a Participant, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1 (H)(7) NMSA 1978, and Discussion of the Purchase, Acquisition or Disposal of Real Property or Water Rights, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1 (H)(8) NMSA 1978.
o Case- D-101-CV-2018-00483, Pertaining to 1071 Camino Vista Aurora
o Acquisition of Real Property for Trails
o Acquisition of Property Interests Associated with the Aamodt Settlement
• Growth Management Department Monthly Report
• Public Safety Department Monthly Report
• Public Works Department Monthly Report
• Human Resources Division Monthly Report
• Community Services Department Monthly Report
• Finance Division Report
• Adjournment (Action Item)