Below is a summary of the actions taken by the Santa Fe Board of County Commissioners (BCC) at their regular meeting on November 28, 2017. Four (4) Commissioners were present and Commissioner Moreno was present by telephone.
The BCC meeting minutes from the October 31, 2017 Board of County Commissioners Meeting and the November 6, 2017 Special Board of County Commissioner Meeting were approved by a unanimous vote 3-0, Commissioner Anaya and Commissioner Moreno were not present for vote.
• Recognition of New Santa Fe County Employees.
• Recognition of Years of Service for Santa Fe County Employees.
o Five (5) Years: Isaac Romero- CSD/Senior Services
Julian Sena- GMD/GIS
Phillip Sanchez- PSD/Fire
o Ten (10) Years: Juanita Chavarillo- PSD/Corrections
Rhianna Manzanares- PSD/Corrections
Jorge Lopez- County Clerk’s Office
Ted Roybal- CMO/IT
• Recognition of Stephanie Martinez on her Retirement from Santa Fe County.
All Consent Agenda items passed by a unanimous vote 4-0, Commissioner Anaya not present for vote.
• Approval of County Health Care Assistance Claims in the Amount of $25,031.01.
• Resolution No. 2017-130, A Resolution Requesting a Budget Increase to the State Special Appropriations Fund (318) to Budget a Grant Awarded Through the State of New Mexico for the Vista Grande Library / $18,275.56.
• Resolution No. 2017-131, A Resolution Requesting a Budget Increase to the Law Enforcement Operations Fund (246) to Budget One (1) Grant Awarded through the US Marshals Joint Law Enforcement Operation Task Force / $2,846.
• Resolution No. 2017-132, A Resolution Authorizing a Santa Fe County Code Enforcement Officer to Apply to the District Court for an Inspection Order to Conduct an Inspectorial Search of the Dwelling and Premise Located at 1071 Camino Vista Aurora.
• Resolution No. 2017-133, A Resolution Requesting an Extension and Amendment of the New Mexico Department of Transportation (NMDOT) Year 2016/2017 Local Government Road Fund (LGRF) Cooperative Project Agreement, Project No. SP-5-17(184).
• Resolution No. 2017-134, A Resolution Requesting an Extension and Amendment of the New Mexico Department of Transportation (NMDOT) Year 2016/2017 Local Government Road Fund (LGRF) Cooperative Project Agreement, Project No. SB-7806(103)17.
• Resolution No. 2017-135, A Resolution Requesting an Extension and Amendment of the New Mexico Department of Transportation (NMDOT) Year 2016/2017 Local Government Road Fund (LGRF) Cooperative Project Agreement, Project No. CAP-5-17(470).
• Resolution No. 2017-136, A Resolution Requesting a Budget Increase to the Detox Program Fund (242) in the Amount of $150,000.
• Resolution No. 2017-137, A Resolution Requesting a Budget Increase to the Solid Waste General Fund (101) to Budget a Vehicle Purchase From Insurance Recovery that was Received from New Mexico Association of Counties in the Amount of $34,225.
• Resolution No. 2017-138, A Resolution Requesting a Budget Increase to the Economic Development Fund (224) for a Grant Awarded Through the New Mexico Economic Development Department / $8,000.
(End of Consent Agenda)
Matters From the County Manager
• 2018 Legislative Session
• New Mexico Hospitality Award – Lodger’s Tax Advisory Board
Items From Consent Agenda Requiring Extended Discussion / Consideration
• Approval of Amendment No. 3 to Agreement No. 2015-0353-CORR/TRV between Santa Fe County and Diamond Pharmacy Services to Extend the Agreement an Additional Term and Increase Compensation in the Amount of $190,000 (inclusive of GRT) for Pharmaceutical Supplies and Services for the Corrections Department and Authorize the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Order. Approved by a unanimous vote, 4-0, Commissioner Anaya was not present for vote.
• Re-Appointment of Katherine Fox Ehlert (Tourist Related Activities), Laura Hudman (Tourist Related Activities), Meredith Macfarlane (Lodging Industry), Ryan A. Miller (Lodging Industry) and Thomas A. Romero (General Public) to the Santa Fe County Lodger’s Tax Advisory Board. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
• Appointment of Nancy Long as Hearing Officer Under Section 3.5.3 of the Sustainable Land Development Code Until June 30, 2018. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
(End of Action Items)
Matters From the County Attorney
Voted 5-0 to enter Executive Session.
• Executive Session. Threatened or Pending Litigation in which Santa Fe County is or May Become a Participant, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1 (H)(7) NMSA 1978, and Discussion of the Purchase, Acquisition or Disposal of Real Property or Water Rights, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1 (H)(8) NMSA 1978, Including the Following:
o Jacona Land Grant.
o Rights-of-Way for County Roads on Pueblo Lands.
o Acquisition of Real Property and Water Rights of Water Associations.
Public Hearing (Item to Be Heard No Earlier than 5:00 p.m.)
• Ordinance No. 2017-7, An Ordinance Amending And Restating In Its Entirety Section 7.11 (Road Design Standards) Of The Santa Fe County Sustainable Land Development Code (SLDC), Ordinance No. 2016-9. (Final Public Hearing) Approved by a Unanimous vote, 5-0.
• Growth Management Department Monthly Report
• Public Safety Department Monthly Report
• Public Works Department Monthly Report
• Human Resources Division Monthly Report
• Community Services Department Monthly Report
• Finance Division Report