Below is a summary of the actions taken by the Santa Fe Board of County Commissioners (BCC) at their regular meeting on September 12, 2017. All five (5) Commissioners were present.
The BCC meeting minutes from the August 8, 2017 Regular Board of County Commissioners meeting were approved by a unanimous vote 5-0.
Consent Agenda (Action Items)
All Consent Agenda items passed by a unanimous vote 5-0.
• CASE # 10-5364 St. Francis South Preliminary Plat Approval for Phases 1-4 and Final Plat Approval for Phases 1 & 2. Vegas Verdes, LLC, Applicant, Jenkinsgavin, Inc., Agent, Requests Preliminary Plat Approval for Phases 1-4, which Consists of 22 Lots, and Final Plat Approval for Phase 1, Consisting of 4 Lots, and Phase 2, Consisting of 8 Lots, on 68.94 Acres, of The St. Francis South Mixed-Use Subdivision. The Property is Located at 199 Rabbit Road, via St. Francis Drive, Within Section 11, Township 16 North, Range 9 East (Commission District 4).
• Resolution No. 2017-94, A Resolution Increasing Pick-Up for PERA Member Contributions Previously Established By Resolution 2006-81 by Authorizing 75% Pick-Up of PERA Member Contributions for Employees in the Municipal Police Member Coverage Plan 5.
• Approval of Quitclaim Deed Re-Conveying 1.84 Acre Feet per Year of Water Rights to Homewise, Inc.
• Approval of Amendment No. 4 to Collective Bargaining Agreement Between Santa Fe County and the Santa Fe County Deputy Sheriff’s Association, a Subsidiary of the New Mexico Coalition of Public Safety Officers/NMCPSO.
• Approval of a Lease Agreement and Option to Purchase Agreement for 318 Acres of Agricultural Land Within the Property Known as La Bajada Ranch with Alamo Creek Conservation, LLC.
• Approval of Grant Agreement No. 17-B4104 Between the Department of Finance and Administration, State of New Mexico and Santa Fe County for Funds Reauthorized Through the 2017 Legislative Session for Improvements to the Santa Fe County Fairgrounds.
• Approval of Letter of Support for the Santa Fe Habitat for Humanity (SFHFH) to be Included in an Application to the New Mexico Mortgage Finance Authority for Affordable Housing Tax Credits.
(End of Consent Agenda)
• Approval of Construction Contract No. 2018-0006-PW/MM Between Santa Fe County and H.O. Construction, Inc., in the Amount of $816,404.00, for the CR 54 Los Pinos Road All-Weather Crossing Construction Project and Authorization for the County Manager to Sign and Execute the Purchase Order. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
• Approval of Construction Contract No. 2018-0001-PW/MM Between Santa Fe County and LLR Construction, Inc., in the Amount of $400,298.37, Exclusive of NM GRT, for the Pojoaque Valley Recreation Complex Phase 2 Improvements and Authorization for the County Manager to Sign and Execute the Purchase Order. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
• Approval of the Order Imposing Tax Rates on the Net Taxable Value of Property Allocated to Governmental Units Within Santa Fe County for the 2017 Tax Year. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
• Resolution No. 2017- 95, A Resolution Requesting a Budget Increase to the Lodgers’ Tax Facility Fund (214) and Lodgers’ Tax Advertising Fund (215) for additional revenues and expenditures totaling $344,000 Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
(End of Action Items)
Matters From the County Attorney
Executive Session. Threatened or Pending Litigation in which Santa Fe County is or may Become a Participant, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(7) NMSA 1978, and Discussion of the Purchase, Acquisition or Disposal of Real Property or Water Rights, as allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(8) NMSA 1978, Including the Following:
• Right-of-Ways for County Roads.
• Buckman Direct Diversion Issues.
• Potential Enforcement Actions for Violations of the Santa Fe County Sustainable Land Development Code.
• Possible Litigation Regarding Annual Contributions Contracts between the Santa Fe County Housing Authority and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
No formal action taken with Respect to Threatened or Pending Litigation in which Santa Fe County is or may Become a Participant Discussed in Executive Session
Public Hearings / Land Use Cases
• BCC CASE #APP 17-5001 Eldorado Area Water and Sanitation District Appeal. Eldorado Area Water and Sanitation District, Appellant, Steve King, Agent, Are Appealing The Santa Fe County Planning Commission’s Decision to Deny a Variance of Section 188.8.131.52.6, to Allow an 800 Square Foot Well Production Facility and Water Treatment Purifying Equipment to Be Placed Within the 75 Foot Setback from the FEMA Designated Floodplain Hazard Area; a Variance of Chapter 184.108.40.206, Table 7-15, to Allow a 25 Foot Separation From Access Points; and a Variance of Chapter 7.3.3 Setbacks, Table 7-A (Setback Table), to Allow the Facility to Be Located Within an Easement Which Is 7.5 Feet From the Property Boundary. The 0.072 Acre Easement Site is Within a 3.56 Acre Parcel and Lies Within the Residential Estate Zoning District. The Property is Located at 3 Carissa Drive, in Eldorado, Within Section 17, Township 15 North, Range 10 East (Commission District 5). Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.