Below is a summary of the actions taken by the Santa Fe Board of County Commissioners (BCC) at their regular meeting on June 13, 2017. All five (5) Commissioners were present.
The BCC meeting minutes from the May 30, 2017 meeting were approved by a unanimous vote 5-0.
• Recognition of New Santa Fe County Employees.
• Recognition of Years of Service for Santa Fe County Employees.
Five (5) Years: Adrienne Ames- County Sheriff’s Office/Sheriff Deputy III
Joseph Barela- County Sheriff’s Office/Sheriff Deputy II
Gabriel Ortiz- County Sheriff’s Office/Sheriff Deputy II
Pedro Gonzales- County Sheriff’s Office/Sheriff Records Clerk
Kathleen Silva- PSD/Medical/Registered Nurse
Aaron Martinez- PSD/Corrections/Training Coordinator
Justin Armijo- PSD/Fire/ Firefighter EMT I
Christopher Bonifer- PSD/Fire/Firefighter EMT B
Thomas Dominguez- PSD/Fire/Firefighter EMT I
Kyle Jaffa- PSD/Fire/Firefighter EMT I
Nicolas Sandoval- PSD/Fire/Firefighter EMT B
Owen Stenzel- PSD/Fire/Firefighter/Paramedic
Ashley Bravo- County Treasurer’s Office/Accounting Technician
Ten (10) Years: Carol Demar- PSD/Corrections/ADF Corporal
Judy Searfoss- PSD/Corrections/LPN
David Sperling- PSD/Fire/Fire Chief
Karl Ehl- PSD/Fire/Battalion Chief
Stephanie Ortiz- County Assessor’s Office/Quality Control
Twenty (20) Years: Jasper Roybal- PW/Property Control- Maintenance Technician Senior
• Recognition of Christopher Flores, 2017 Telecommunicator of the Year.
All Consent Agenda items passed by a unanimous vote 5-0.
• Approval of County Health Care Assistance Claims in the Amount of $40,098.23.
• Approval of Revised Amendment No. 3 to Lease Agreement No. 2013-0254-PW/MS between Santa Fe County and Southwest CARE Center, Inc.
• Approval of Grant of Public Sanitary Sewer Easement by Santa Fe County to the City of Santa Fe.
• Resolution No. 2017-64, A Resolution to Budget Revenue and Expenditures for Cooperative Marketing Grant Agreement No. 2017-0155 in the Amount of $49,685. (Fund 214 and 215)
• Resolution No. 2017-65, A Resolution for a Budget Increase to the Law Enforcement Operations Fund (246) to Budget Supplemental Funding Awarded Through the HIDTA Grant Program / $6,712.00.
(End of Consent Agenda)
All Action items passed by a unanimous vote 5-0.
• Reappointment of Nancy Long as Hearing Officer Pursuant to Section 3.5.3. of the Santa Fe County Sustainable Land Development Code for a Term Beginning on July 1, 2017, and Ending on December 31, 2017.
• Resolution No. 2017-66, A Resolution Committing Santa Fe County Fund Balance.
• Resolution No. 2017-67, A Resolution to Recognizing Agua Fria Village Association as a Community Organization for Agua Fria Community District.
• Resolution No. 2017-68, A Resolution in Support of the Paris Agreement.
• Resolution No. 2017-69, A Resolution for a Budget Increase to the GRT Revenue Bond Debt Service Fund (406) to Budget Interest Income and Expenditures/ $1,160,072.00
(End of Action Items)
• Youth Education & Recreation Program (YERP) Presentation.
• Santa Fe County Facility Self-Assessment Per the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Matters From the County Manager
• Miscellaneous Updates
o Board/Committee Member Attendance Review and Direction.
Matters From the County Attorney
Closed Executive Session
Threatened or Pending Litigation in which Santa Fe County is or may Become a Participant, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(7) NMSA 1978, Discussion of the Purchase, Acquisition or Disposal of Real Property or Water Rights, as allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(8) NMSA 1978, and Discussion of Competitive Sealed Proposals Solicited Pursuant to the Procurement Code, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(6) NMSA 1978, Including the Following:
• Potential Enforcement Actions for Violations of the Santa Fe County Sustainable Land Development Code and Other County Ordinances.
• Right of Ways for County Roads.
• Proposals for Professional Liability Insurance for Fiscal Year 2018.
• Real Property Interests for County Open Space and Trails.
Action with Respect to Threatened or Pending Litigation in which Santa Fe County is or may Become a Participant Discussed in Executive Session (Action Item)
• Resolution No. 2017-70, A Resolution Delegating to the County Manager the Authority to Negotiate for Professional Liability Insurance for Fiscal Year 2018 and to Execute Purchase Orders, Agreements, and Other Documents Necessary or Advisable to Effectuate Such Insurance. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
Public Hearings on County Local Option Gross Receipts Tax Ordinances
• Second One-Eighth Increment of the County Hold Harmless Gross Receipts Tax
o Ordinance No. 2017-4, An Ordinance Adopting A County Hold Harmless Gross Receipts Tax. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
• Additional Increment of the County Gross Receipts Tax Authorized by Section 7-20E-9(E) NMSA 1978
o Ordinance No. 2017-5, An Ordinance Adopting A County Gross Receipts Tax. Approved by a vote of 3-2, with Commissioner Hansen and Commissioner Moreno voting in the negative, in favor provided there is a positive referendum during a special election within the ensuing seventy five (75) days.
Final Budget for Fiscal Year 2017-2018 (FY 2018)
• Resolution No. 2017-71, A Resolution Adopting the Final Budget for Fiscal Year 2017-2018 (FY 2018). Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
Information Items (No discussion)
• Growth Management Department Monthly Report
• Public Safety Department Monthly Report
• Public Works Department Monthly Report
• Human Resources Division Monthly Report
• Administrative Services Department Monthly Report
• Community Services Department Monthly Report
• Financial Report for the Month Ending May 31, 2017