The following is a summary of the actions taken by the Santa Fe Board of County Commissioners (BCC) at their regular meeting on April 11, 2017. Four (4) commissioners were present. Commissioner Robert Anaya was excused.
The BCC meeting minutes from the March 14, 2017 meeting were approved by a unanimous vote 4-0.
All Consent Agenda items passed by a unanimous vote 4-0.
• Resolution No. 2017-35, A Resolution Delegating Authority to the County Manager to Negotiate and Execute all Documents Necessary for the Conveyance of Property Located at 19 and 23 East Frontage Road, Edgewood, NM.
• Resolution No. 2017-36, A Resolution Delegating Authority to the County Manager to Negotiate and Execute All Documents Necessary for the Acquisition of Real Property for the Eldorado Fire Station No. 4.
(End of Consent Agenda)
Miscellaneous- All miscellaneous items were approved 4-0.
• Request Authorization to Publish Title and General Summary of Ordinance No. 2017-___, An Ordinance Amending Ordinance No. 1991-6, as Amended by Ordinance No. 2017-1, to Delay the Effective Date of the Prohibition on Tethering an Unattended Dog Until January 1, 2018, and to Replace Appendix A to Ordinance No. 1991-6 Establishing Fees and Fines.
• State of New Mexico, ex rel. State Engineer v. R. Lee Aamodt et al., U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico, No. Civ. 66-06639 WJ/WPL.
o Update on the Implementation of the Aamodt Water Rights Litigation Settlement Agreement and the Design and Construction of the Regional Water System Contemplated by the Settlement Agreement.
o Policy Direction to Staff Regarding the Following Items: (1) Risks to Santa Fe County of State Not Fully Appropriating its Contribution to the Regional Water System; (2) Risks to Santa Fe County of the Regional Water System Not Being Substantially Complete by June 30, 2024; and (3) Design of the Regional Water System to Deliver Water to the Rest of Santa Fe County.
Staff recommended that the BCC direct staff to:
• Lobby the State Legislature during the anticipated special session and, if feasible, next regular session to fully appropriate its share of funding;
• Make the County’s contributions under its Contributing Funds Agreement with Reclamation contingent upon the State having fully appropriated its share.
• Negotiate with all parties to minimize and apportion the risks associated with the RWS not being substantially complete by June 30, 2024.
In addition, Staff recommended that the BCC direct staff to have the RWS be designed so as to be able to deliver 1,000 afy to the County Water Utility, with appropriate peaking factors included in the design. Staff confirmed that they would return to the BCC with cost estimates from the Bureau of Reclamation for this proposed design change. The BCC approved the staff recommendations unanimously 4-0.
Resolution- Resolution was approved 4-0.
• Resolution No. 2017-37, A Resolution to Request that Aid, Assistance and Relief Programs and Federal Funding be Provided to Support the Santa Fe-Pojoaque Soil and Water Conservation District to Remediate a Failing Flood Control Structure.
Matters of Public Concern
Martha Trujillo discussed mortgages in the Nambe/Pojoaque area. She stated that she had been unable to obtain a loan in the State of New Mexico, but had been able to obtain financing through an out of state institution.
Matters From the County Manager
• Miscellaneous Updates
• Legislative Update
Matters From the County Attorney
Closed Executive Session
Threatened or Pending Litigation in Which Santa Fe County is or May Become a Participant, as Allowed by Section 10-15-l(H)(7) NMSA 1978, and Discussion of the Purchase, Acquisition or Disposal of Real Property or Water Rights, as Allowed by Section 10-15-l(H)(8) NMSA 1978, Including the Following:
• Rights-of-Way for County Roads.
• Possible Action(s) with Respect to Threatened or Pending Litigation in which Santa Fe County is or may Become a Participant Discussed in Executive Session.
Motion to authorize the County Manager to negotiate and execute an amendment to Santa Fe County Contract No. 2015-0349-LG/MY in such amount as she determines to be appropriate to protect the County’s interest with regard to pending or threatened litigation in which Santa Fe County is or may become a participant. The BCC approved the motion unanimously 4-0.
Matters from County Commissioners and Other Elected Officials
• Approval and Presentation of A Proclamation Proclaiming the Month of April, 2017, as National Poetry Month. Approved unanimously 4-0.
• Presentation on the Dolly Parton Imagination Library Program and Outcome Survey Results.
• Presentation on the Santa Fe County Solid Waste Program.
• Presentation on 2017 Work Plan for the Santa Fe County Sustainable Land Development Code and Other Growth Management Projects.
• BCC CASE #MIS 17-5060 Fiasco Fine Wine, Inc. Beer, Wine and Spirituous Wholesaler Liquor License. Fiasco Fine Wine, Inc., Applicant, is Requesting Approval for a Beer, Wine and Spirituous Wholesaler Liquor License. The Property is Located at 20 Bisbee Ct., Within Section 24, Township 16 North, Range 8 East (Commission District 5). Approved unanimously 4-0.