Below is a summary of the actions taken by the Santa Fe Board of County Commissioners (BCC) at their regular meeting on March 28, 2017. All five (5) commissioners were present.
The BCC meeting minutes from the February 28, 2017 meeting were approved by a unanimous vote 5-0.
Site Visit and Inspection of the County Juvenile Detention Facility Pursuant to NMSA 1978, § 33-3-4. The Board of County Commissioners temporarily recessed its Regular Meeting to travel to and from, visit, and inspect the facility. The Regular Meeting reconvened after 2:30 p.m., after the Housing Authority Board Meeting and a Special Meeting Concerning the 2017 Community Development Block Grant Project Selection Process.) Three (3) commissioners were present for the site visit (Commissioners Roybal and Anaya were not present.
• Recognition of New Santa Fe County Employees
• Recognition of Years of Service for Santa Fe County Employees
Five (5) Years: Matthew Duran- PSD/Corrections/Case Manager
Herbert Gerstner- County Assessor’s Office- Appraiser
Rachel O’Connor- CSD/Administration/Community Services Director
Randy Vallejos- PSD/RECC/Training Coordinator
Richard Lopez- PWD/Solid Waste/Truck Driver II
Ten (10) Years: Fritz Fuchs- PSD/Fire/Firefighter/Paramedic
Beverly Fernandez- PSD/Corrections/Adult Detention Officer Corporal
Ardis Thomas- PSD/Correction/ CQI Coordinator
Fifteen (15) Years: Dominic Martinez- PWD/Solid Waste/Transfer Station Maintenance Foreman
All Consent Agenda items, passed by a unanimous vote 5-0.
• Approval of County Health Care Assistance Claims in the Amount of $24,124.24.
• Resolution No. 2017 -26, A Resolution Establishing a New Capital Fund (310) for the Transfer of Development Rights Bank and Requesting an Increase to the Fund (310) of $40,000 to Budget an Operating Transfer from the General Fund (101) for the Santa Fe County Transfer of Development Rights Bank.
• Resolution No. 2017-27, A Resolution Requesting a Budget Increase to the Law Enforcement Operations Fund (246) to Budget One (1) Grant Awarded through the US Marshals SWIFT Task Force / $2,846.
• Resolution No. 2017-28, A Resolution Authorizing the County Attorney to Bring Condemnation and Other Appropriate Court Actions to Acquire Property Interests Needed to Commence Construction of the Santa Fe River Greenway Project Within Frenchy’s Field to Siler Road Segment by July 1, 2017.
• Resolution No. 2017-29, A Resolution Delegating to the County Manager the Authority to Negotiate and Execute a Tolling and Reservation of Rights Agreement.
• Resolution No. 2017-30, A Resolution Delegating to the County Manager the Authority to Execute an Amendment to the Professional Services Agreement Between Santa Fe County and Montgomery & Andrews, P.A.
(End of Consent Agenda)
Appointments/Reappointments/Resignations- All appointments were approved 4-0, Commissioner Anaya was not present.
• Sophie Andar (District 2) and Laurie Glaze (District 5) were appointed to the Health Policy and Planning Commission
• Lisa Boulware was appointed to the County Fair Board. Terri Werner, Eric Sanchez, Gary Runer, Karen Paige and Karolyn Wilson were reappointed to the County Fair Board.
• Jesse Roach (District 4) and Shann Stringer (Soil and Water Conservation District) were appointed to the Santa Fe County Water Policy Advisory Committee.
• Teresa C. Martinez was appointed as the Citizen Member to the Santa Fe County Audit Committee.
Resolutions- All appointments were approved 4-0, Commissioner Anaya was not present.
• Resolution No. 2017-31, A Resolution Authorizing the County Manager to Negotiate and Execute All Agreements Up To and Including the Construction Contract for the Planned Additions and Renovations of the Agricultural Extension Office Located at the Santa Fe County Fairgrounds.
• Resolution No. 2017-32, A Resolution Requesting a Net Budget Increase to Various Capital Project Budgets to Realign the FY2017 Budget / $2,878,737.
• Resolution No. 2017-33, A Resolution Requesting a Budget Increase to the Enterprise Water Fund (505) for a Refund of Pre-Bill Credits Remitted by Santa Fe County to the Buckman Direct Diversion Project from 2011-2014 /$571,026.00.
Matters From the County Manager
• Miscellaneous Updates
o The April 25, 2017 regularly scheduled BCC Meeting and Housing Authority Board meeting will be moved to May 2, 2017.
o The FY 2018 budget process and meeting dates were provided.
• Legislative Update
Matters From the County Attorney
Presentation of Jail Inspection Reports
• Report of February 9, 2016, Inspection of Santa Fe County Adult Detention Facility and Youth Development Program was provided for the record.
• Report of February 28, 2017, Inspection of Santa Fe County Adult Detention Facility was provided for the record.
Closed Executive Session
Threatened or Pending Litigation in Which Santa Fe County is or May Become a Participant, as Allowed by Section 10-15-l(H)(7) NMSA 1978, and Discussion of Bargaining Strategy Preliminary to Collective Bargaining Negotiations, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(5), Including the Following:
• Collective Bargaining Agreement Between Santa Fe County and the Santa Fe County Firefighters Association, Local 4366, International Association of Firefighters.
Matters Considered in Open Session
Approval of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Santa Fe County, New Mexico and the Santa Fe County Firefighters Association, Local 4366, International Association of Firefighters. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
Matters from County Commissioners and Other Elected Officials
• Presentation on and Recognition of the La Puebla Volunteer Fire District.
Ordinance No. 2017-2, An Ordinance Amending Ordinance No. 2009-2 to Remove Requirement of a Biannual Public Hearing so as to Allow the Low Income Tax Rebate to be Repealed by Ordinance at Any Time. Approved by a unanimous vote, 5-0.
Information Items (no discussion)
• Growth Management Monthly Report
• Public Safety Monthly Report
• Public Works Monthly Report
• Human Resources Monthly Report
• Administrative Services Monthly Report
• Community Services Monthly Report
• Financial Report for the Month Ending February 28, 2017