Below is a summary of the actions taken by the Santa Fe Board of County Commissioners (BCC). All five Commissioners were present.
The Minutes from the November 8, 2016 BCC Meeting and November 10 and 18, 2016 Canvassing Board Meeting. Approved by unanimous vote 5-0.
Consent Agenda - All Items approved by unanimous vote 5-0
• CDRC CASE #Z/PDP/FDP 15-5130 Ashwin Stables. Don Altshuler, Applicant, James W. Siebert & Associates, Agent, Requested Master Plan Zoning, Preliminary and Final Development Plan Approval to Allow an Equestrian Facility on 2.71 Acres +.
• Resolution No. 2016-131, A Budget Increase to the Law Enforcement Operations Fund (246) to Budget One (1) Grant Awarded Through the US Marshals SWIFT Task Force / $5,000.
• Resolution No. 2016-132, A Budget Increase to the Fire Fund (209) to Adjust the Budget Allotments to the Actual FY-2017 Disbursement Amount Awarded for an Increase of $75,211.
• Resolution No. 2016-133, A Budget Increase to the EMS Fund (206) to Adjust the Budget Allotments to the Actual FY – 2017 Disbursement Amount Awarded for an Increase of $4,375.
• Resolution No. 2016-134, A Budget Increase to the Law Enforcement Operations Fund (246) to Budget One (1) Grant Awarded Through the New Mexico Department of Transportation for Highway Safety Projects DWI Clerical Position / $60,500.
• Resolution No. 2016-135, An Increase to the Project Funding Allocation for Alamo Lane, Los Pinos Road, La Tierra Subdivision and Eldorado Road Improvements, and Requesting a Budget Increase in the Road Projects Fund (311) to Budget Grants Received for those Projects / $365,000.
• Resolution No. 2016-136, Determines Reasonable Notice for Public Meetings During Calendar Year 2017 of the Board of County Commissioners of Santa Fe County and for Boards and Committees Appointed By or Acting Under the Authority of the Board of County Commissioners; Establishing Permissible Meeting Locations and a Webcast and Broadcast Policy; and Rescinding Parts of Resolution No. 2015-172.
• Resolution No. 2016-137, Authorizes the County Fire Marshal and County Fire Protection Specialists To Issue Citations for A Violation of Santa Fe County Ordinance No. 1998-11, the Fire Prevention Code, and Santa Fe County Ordinance No. 2001-11, Santa Fe County Urban Wildland Interface Code.
End of Consent Agenda
• Presentation and Approval of Audited Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for FY 2016. Approved by unanimous vote 5-0.
Resolutions – all items approved by unanimous vote, unless otherwise noted
• Resolution No. 2016-138, Supports the Appropriation of Funds for the “New Mexico Grown Fresh Fruits and Vegetables for School Meals Program” and Maintenance of Funding for the “Double-Up Food Bucks Program” by the New Mexico Legislature.
• Resolution No. 2016 - 139, Directs Santa Fe County to Work with the City of Santa Fe and the Santa Fe Soccer Community to Explore the Possibilities of Establishing a Regional Soccer Authority.
• Resolution No. 2016-140, Confirms the Uses of the Santa Fe County Health Care Assistance Fund to Support the County Health Care Action Plan and to Increase the Provision of Health Care Services for Santa Fe County Residents. Approved by unanimous vote 4-0 (Commissioner Anaya was not present for vote).
• Resolution 2016- 141, Establishes The County Development Rights Bank.
• Resolution No. 2016- 142, Supports Legislation in the 2017 Legislative Session that Implements Dental Therapy, Including the Training and Licensure of Dental Therapists. Approved 4-0 (Commissioner Roybal was not present for the vote).
• Resolution No. 2016- 143, Santa Fe County’s Role in Behavioral Health Services and Funding and Planning for a Crisis Triage Center in Santa Fe County.
• Resolution No. 2016- 144, Calls for a Series of Workshops between Santa Fe County, the City of Santa Fe, Other Santa Fe Area Water Utilities, and Other Stakeholders Regarding a Potential Future Joint Regional Water Authority.
Miscellaneous – All items approved by unanimous vote 5-0, unless Withdrawn or Tabled
• Request Approval of the Collective Bargaining Agreement Between the County of Santa Fe and the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), New Mexico Council 18 (Referring to the Bargaining Unit as Local #1413-M).
• Request approval of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Santa Fe County, New Mexico and the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees; New Mexico Council 18, Local 1782, AFL-CIO.
• TABLED - Approval of a Memorandum of Understanding Between The Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management, Taos Field State Office and Santa Fe County As a Cooperating Agency For The Preparation of an Environmental Impact Statement for The Verde Transmission Project
• A Memorandum of Understanding Between the City of Santa Fe and Santa Fe County for Wastewater Service for Turquoise Trail Business Park, End of Trail Condominiums, and Industrial Park at Ranch Viejo.
• A Water Line Extension and Water Delivery Agreement Between RCS-Turquoise Trail South I, LLC and Santa Fe County for a County Utility Line Extension and Service Agreement.
• TABLED - Request Approval of Addendum No. 2017-0154-CORR/IC to GSA Contract GS-07F-0518N with BI Technologies, Inc. to Provide Electronic Monitoring Services for a Total Contract Amount of $468,000.00 and the Grant of Signature Authority to the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Order.
• Request Approval of Amendment No. 5 To Agreement No. 2014-0002-LG/MS with Daniels Insurance, Inc., Increasing the Contract Amount by $60,000.00 for a Total Contract Sum of $310,000.00 and Extending the Contract from January 1, 2017, to October 1, 2017, for Insurance Broker and Consulting Services and the Grant of Signature Authority to the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Order.
• Request Approval of Engineering Agreement No. 2017-0150-PW/MM between Santa Fe County and Loris & Associates, Inc. in the Amount of $358,136, Exclusive of NM GRT, to Complete the Design of the Arroyo Hondo Trail and the Grant of Signature Authority to the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Order.
• Request Approval of the Stanley Cyclone Center Operational Documents.
o Policies and Procedures
o Fee Schedule as amended
o Lease Agreement
o Event Coordinator Contract with Donald H. Reece in the Amount of $100,000.00 Inclusive of NM GRT
• Request Approval of a Lease and Option to Purchase Real Property Agreement for Approximately 318 Acres of Land within the Property Know as the La Bajada Ranch between Santa Fe County and Frank Mancuso Junior.
Matters from the County Attorney
• Threatened or Pending Litigation in which Santa Fe County is or May Become a Participant, as Allowed by Section 10-15-l(H)(7) NMSA 1978, and Discussion of Competitive Sealed Proposals Solicited Pursuant to the Procurement Code, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(6) NMSA 1978. (Statutory Authority and Items Added)
o The Board of County Commissioners of the County of Rio Arriba, et al., v. The Board of County Commissioners of the County of Santa Fe, State of New Mexico, County of Santa Fe, First Judicial District, Cause No. No. D-101-CV-2016-02243.
o David Trujillo and Ted L. Peperas v. Board of County Commissioners for the County of Santa Fe, State of New Mexico, County of Santa Fe, First Judicial District, Cause No. D 101-CV-2014-01054. (Item Added)
o Disputes (i) Concerning Cost-Sharing for the Buckman Direct Diversion Project; (ii) Arising Under the Water Resources Agreement with the City of Santa Fe; and (iii) Arising Under Annexation Related Agreements with the City of Santa Fe Concerning Water and Wastewater Service Areas.
o Proposals for General Liability and Law Enforcement Insurance Coverages for Calendar Year 2017.
Action Items as a Result of Discussions in Closed Executive Session – All Items Approved 5-0
• First Amendment to the Facility Operations and Procedures Agreement for the Buckman Direct Diversion Project.
• Amendment No. 2 to the Joint Powers Agreement between the City of Santa Fe and County of Santa Fe Governing the Buckman Direct Diversion Project.
• Amended and Restated Water Resources Agreement between the City of Santa Fe and Santa Fe County.
• City of Santa Fe and Santa Fe County Agreement Regarding Water and Wastewater Service for Agua Fria, Hyde Park, High Summit, and Cloudstone.
• Resolution No. 2015-145, Authorizes the County Manager to Negotiate the Terms of General Liability and Law Enforcement Insurance Coverages for Calendar Year 2017 and to Execute Purchase Orders and Other Documents Necessary to Effectuate Such Coverages.
Matters From the County Manager
• Miscellaneous Updates
Public Hearings - All items approved by unanimous vote 5-0
• Ordinance No. 2016-8, Amends and Restats in its Entirety Exhibit A to the Fee Ordinance of Santa Fe County, Ordinance 2015-10. (SECOND AND FINAL PUBLIC HEARING)
• Ordinance No. 2016-9, Amends and Restats in its Entirety the Santa Fe County Sustainable Land Development Code (SLDC), Ordinance 2015-11. (SECOND AND FINAL PUBLIC HEARING)
Land Use Cases (Potential Action Items, to Include Possible Adoption of a Final Order and Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law) – All items approved by unanimous vote 5-0
• BCC CASE # PCPA 16-5240 Colinas del Sol Plat Amendment. High Desert Partnership, Applicant, James Siebert, Agent, Request an Amendment to a Condition Imposed by the Board of County Commissioners on an Approved Plat for Colinas del Sol. The Plat Created Sixteen 12.5 Acre Lots and was Conditioned to 0.20 Acre Feet Per Year Water Restriction Per Lot. The Applicant is Requesting an Amendment to the Plat Condition to Allow 0.25 Acre Feet Per Year Water Restriction Per Lot.
• CASE CP/S 16-5090 Turquoise Trail North Conceptual Plan, Preliminary Plat and Final Plat for Phase 1. RCS-Turquoise Trail South I, LLC, Applicant, Sommer Karnes & Associates LLP, Agent, Request Conceptual Plan Approval to Phase the Previously Approved Turquoise Trail North Residential Subdivision (290 dwelling units on 101.49 acres) into 8 phases, to Modify the Approved Housing Types, and to Re-Designate the Commercial Lot Into a Multi-Family Lot (23 Dwelling Units). The Application also Includes a Request for Preliminary Plat Approval for All 8 phases and Final Plat Approval for Phase 1, Which Consists of 30 Residential Lots.
• CASE # CP/S 16-5250 High Summit III Conceptual Plan, Preliminary Plat for Phases 3, 4, 5, and 6 and Final Plat for Phase 3. White Bear Properties, LLC., Applicant, Sommer Karnes & Associates LLP, Agent, Request Conceptual Plan Approval to Modify the Previously Approved High Summit III Phased Residential Subdivision to Reduce the Amount of Lots from 55 Lots to 12 Lots with No More Than 20 Dwelling Units. The Application Also Includes a Request for Preliminary Plat Approval for Phases 3, 4, 5 and 6 (Consisting of 12 lots on 87.34 acres), and a Request for Final Plat Approval for Phase 3 (Consisting of 3 Lots on 15.96 Acres).
Aamodt Settlement Agreement
• Resolution No. 2016-146, Approves the Pojoaque Basin Regional Water Authority Joint Powers Agreement. Amended and Approved 5-0.
The BCC Packet is available online by clicking the BCC meeting event on the Events calendar or visiting the BCC committee page www.santafecountynm.gov/committees/board_of_county_commissioners_bcc. All approved Ordinances and Resolutions are available on the County website at www.santafecountynm.gov/ordinances_and_resolutions once they are approved and recorded. All BCC meetings are broadcast live at www.santafecountynm.gov, on Comcast Ch. 28 and on Que Suave AM 810. To view recorded video of this BCC meeting, visit www.santafecountynm.gov/video_on_demand/. Transcripts of the meeting will be available within 10 working days at www.santafecountynm.gov, once approved.