The Santa Fe County Utilities Division is seeking interested citizens to serve on the Water Policy Advisory Committee (WPAC). The current vacancies are designated for:
• One (1) member from a mutual domestic water consumers association (MDWCA) or small community water system within Santa Fe County;
• One (1) member from a soil and water conservation district;
• One (1) member of an acequia association;
• One (1) member of the Estancia Basin Water Planning Committee;
• One(1) member from the central water planning area;
• One (1) resident of County Commission District 2;
• One (1) resident of County Commission District 3;
• One (1) resident of County Commission District 4;
• One (1) resident of County Commission District 5;
The 12-member Water Policy Advisory Committee is tasked with advising the Santa Fe Board of County Commissioners on countywide water policy on a variety of topics including: water rates, water and wastewater system acquisitions, County water and wastewater utility growth, back-up water supply, the concept of regional water authorities, the County’s 40-year Water Plan, water conservation, and the conjunctive use of surface and groundwater.
Committee meetings will be scheduled as necessary to carry out committee work. Committee members may volunteer for smaller WPAC working groups.
Interested individuals should submit a letter of interest and resume by Wednesday, January 18, 2017 to:
Santa Fe County Public Works Department
Attn: Michael Kelley, Public Works Director
P. O. Box 276
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-0267
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: (505) 992-3010
Additional information on WPAC including past agendas and meeting minutes can be viewed at http://www.santafecountynm.gov/committees/wpac.