Below is a summary of the actions taken by the Santa Fe Board of County Commissioners (BCC). All five Commissioners were present.
The Minutes from the October 25, 2016 BCC Meeting and October 28, 2016 Special BCC Meeting were approved by unanimous vote 5-0.
Recognition of Years of Service for Santa Fe County Employees
Kimberly Martinez – PWD/ Administration/Department Administrator – 5 years
Sammy Abeyta – PWD/Road Maintenance/Heavy Equipment Operator Lead – 10 years
Deseray Gallegos – PSD/Corrections/YDP Shift Supervisor – 10 years
Jared Rivera – PWD/Road Maintenance/Road Maintenance Foreman – 15 years
Recognition of New Santa Fe County Employees.
Presentation on and Recognition of the Madrid Volunteer Fire District.
Consent Agenda - All Items approved by unanimous vote 5-0
• Resolution No. 2016-128, A Budget Increase to the Alcohol Program Fund (241) to Budget Compliance Fees Collected from DWI Offenders Participating in the Compliance Monitoring Program / $163,800.00.
• Resolution No. 2016-129, Authorizes the County Attorney to Initiate and Prosecute Condemnation Proceedings to Acquire Parcel 16 for the Santa Fe River Greenway Project.
• County Health Care Assistance Claims in the Amount of $99,288.64.
• Amendment No. 3 to Lease Agreement No. 2014-0178-PW/GG Between Santa Fe County and Bokum Burro Alley, LLC for the Lease of Office Space Located at 142 West Palace Avenue, in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
• Landlord’s Letter of Consent for Improvements to the La Familia Medical Center to Allow La Familia to Accept a Federal Grant for Improvements to the County Owned Building at 2145 Caja Del Oro Grant Road.
• Amendment No. 2 to the Lease Agreement No. 2010-0175-CSD/MS Dated 3/8/2010 Between Santa Fe County and Life Link for the Lease of a Building Located at 1318 Luana Street in Santa Fe, New Mexico and Authorizing the Submittal of Amendment No. 2 to the State Board of Finance for Approval.
• Amendment No. 2 to the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Santa Fe County and the Santa Fe County Deputy Sheriff’s Association, A Subsidiary of the New Mexico Coalition of Public Safety Officers/NMCPSO.
• Amendment No. 1 to the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Santa Fe County and the New Mexico Coalition of Public Safety Officers (Regional Emergency Communications Center -RECC).
• Amendment No. 1 to the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Santa Fe County and the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees, Council 18 (Local 1413).
• Delegates Authority to the County Manager to Sign A New Mexico State Land Office (SLO) Right-Of-Way Easement No. R-35280 for the Caja Del Rio Subdivision (Senior Campus Project).
End of Consent Agenda
• Thornton Ranch Open Space Master Plan.
• The Verde Project.
• Transfer of Development Rights (TDR) Bank Concept, Including the Benefits of Establishing a Santa Fe County TDR Bank.
• Stanley Cyclone Center Fee Schedule.
Matters of Public Concern
• Honorable John Basset, Mayor, Town of Edgewood and Edgewood Town Councilor Chuck Ring
• Resolution No. 2016 -___, A Resolution Adopting a New Logo, Taglines, and Brand Statement for Santa Fe County. (Postponed)
• Resolution No. 2016-130, Actively Protect Public Lands in Santa Fe County that are Used By Recreationalists from Body Gripping Animal Traps, approved by unanimous vote 5-0.
Miscellaneous – All items approved by unanimous vote 4-0 (Commissioner Holian was not present for the votes)
• Amendment No. 1 to Agreement No. 2016-0104-PW/BT Between Santa Fe County and Spears/Horn Architects in the Amount of $420,134.23, Exclusive of NMGRT, for Additional Design Services for the New County Administration Building and Restoration/Renovation of the Old Administration Building and Authorizing the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Order.
• Agreement No. 2016-0104-A-PW/BT Between Santa Fe County and the New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs Office of Archaeological Studies to Provide an Archaeological Survey, Testing, and Monitoring at the Site for the New County Administration Complex in the Amount of $640,594.29, Exclusive of NMGRT, and Authorizing the County Manager to Sign the Purchase Order.
• Publish Title and General Summary of an Ordinance Amending Ordinance No. 1991-6, the Santa Fe Animal Control Ordinance, to Increase Fees; Prohibit Fixed Point Tethering; Conform Rabies Vaccination Requirements to State Law and Regulations; Set Forth a Process for Revocation of Permits Issued; Incorporate the Dangerous Dog Act, NMSA 1978, §§77-1A-1 to -6; and Establish Penalty Provisions that Comport with State Law.
Matters from the County Attorney
Threatened or Pending Litigation in which Santa Fe County is or May Become a Participant, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(7) NMSA 1978, Discussion of the Purchase, Acquisition or Disposal of Real Property or Water Rights, as allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(8) NMSA 1978, Discussion of Competitive Sealed Proposals Solicited Pursuant to the Procurement Code, as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(6) NMSA 1978, and Limited Personnel Matters, as Defined and as Allowed by Section 10-15-1(H)(2) NMSA 1978, Including the Following:
• The Board of County Commissioners of the County of Rio Arriba, et al., v. The Board of County Commissioners of the County of Santa Fe, State of New Mexico, County of Santa Fe, First Judicial District, Cause No. NO. D-101-CV-2016-02243.
• Rights-of-Way for County Roads.
• Water Rights Adjudications.
• Arbitration involving Santa Fe County Firefighters Association.
• David Trujillo and Ted L. Peperas v. Board of County Commissioners for the County of Santa Fe, No. D 101-CV-2014-01054.
• Ordinance 2016-___, An Ordinance Amending and Restating in its Entirety Exhibit A to the Fee Ordinance of Santa Fe County, Ordinance 2015-10. (First Public Hearing, No action taken)
• Ordinance 2016-___, An Ordinance Amending and Restating in its Entirety the Santa Fe County Sustainable Land Development Code (SLDC), Ordinance 2015-11. (First Public Hearing, No action taken)
• Ordinance No. 2016-___, An Ordinance Establishing Santa Fe County Utility Water Service Rates and Charges and Repealing All Prior Water Service Rates and Charges. Denied 2-3 (Commissioners Holian and Chavez voted in favor)
Aamodt Settlement Agreement
• Resolution No. 2016-___, A Resolution Approving the Pojoaque Basin Regional Water Authority Joint Powers Agreement. (No action taken)
• Growth Management Monthly Report
• Public Safety Monthly Report
• Public Works Monthly Report
• Human Resources Monthly Report
• Administrative Services Monthly Report
• Community Services Monthly Report
The BCC Packet is available online by clicking the BCC meeting event on the Events calendar or visiting the BCC committee page www.santafecountynm.gov/committees/board_of_county_commissioners_bcc. All approved Ordinances and Resolutions are available on the County website at www.santafecountynm.gov/ordinances_and_resolutions once they are approved and recorded. All BCC meetings are broadcast live at www.santafecountynm.gov, on Comcast Ch. 28 and on Que Suave AM 810. To view recorded video of this BCC meeting, visit www.santafecountynm.gov/video_on_demand/. Transcripts of the meeting will be available within 10 working days at www.santafecountynm.gov, once approved.