February 26, 2013 BCC Summary
« Back to News Listing
March 1, 2013
February 26, 2013 BCC Summary
Santa Fe, NM – March 1, 2013 - Below is a summary of the actions taken by the Santa Fe Board of County Commissioners (BCC). All five Commissioners were present.
The BCC unanimously approved (4-0 Commissioner Anaya was not present) the January 29, 2013 minutes.
The BCC unanimously approved (4-0 Commissioner Anaya was not present) the Consent Calendar.
Proclamations And Presentations
- Julie Weinberg gave a presentation on Medicaid Expansion
- New Santa Fe County Employees were introduced
- The Santa Fe County Adult Detention Facility Cadet Class 23 was present and recognized for their recent graduation
Matters From The Commission
- The BCC recognized the organizers and participants of One Billion Rising V-Day in Santa Fe, New Mexico, a call for ending domestic violence against women and girls, founded by Eve Ensler for the world.
- The Board unanimously approved presenting an objection at the March 12, 2013 BCC meeting to the Jemez Co-op regarding the proposed rate change.
Public Works Department
- A presentation was given on the County’s Capital Improvement Plan Needs List and Project Execution Schedule.The BCC unanimously approved the contract for the sale and purchase of Diversion Capacity in the Buckman Direct Diversion Project, with an option to 491 acre feet for $1.7 million with an option to purchase the remaining 50 acre feet per year for up to $185,000.
- Resolution No. 2013-23, A Resolution amending the Santa Fe County road map and certifying a report of the public roads in Santa Fe County was unanimously approved.
Matters From The County Manager
Legislative Update And Possible Action
- Resolution No. 2013-24, A Resolution supporting proposed House Bill 521 relating to Requiring Residential Property Tax Equity was approved (3-2 with Commissioner Kathy Holian, Commissioner Miguel Chavez and Commissioner Liz Stefanics voting in favor and Commissioner Mayfield and Commissioner Anaya voting against).
- The BCC unanimously approved to adopt The New Mexico Association of Counties (NMAC) Board Positions as of February 16, 2013 Legislative Matters Under Consideration by the New Mexico 2013 Legislature.
- The BCC unanimously approved the following motion to support legislation from Commissioner Robert Anaya, "To support the efforts to maintain the opportunity for undocumented individuals to obtain a driver's license, but that the driver's license be crafted so that it is different and does not conflict with Federal requirements under the Real ID Act."
- The Corrections, Public Works and Human Resources reports were provided to the BCC.The Monthly Financial Report For The Month Ending January 31, 2013 was presented to the Board.
The BCC held a second public hearing for the proposed Santa Fe County Animal Control Ordinance: An Ordinance Governing The Duties Of Animal Owners And Others, Impoundment Of Animals And Issuance Of Permits, Defining Offenses And Establishing Penalties Related To Animals, And Repealing Santa Fe County Ordinances 1981-7, 1982-7, 1990-8 And 1991-6 And Santa Fe County Resolution 1982-28.
The BCC Packet is available online by clicking the event on the Events calendar http://www.santafecountynm.gov/event_detail/2013/2/2554 or visiting the BCC committee page www.santafecountynm.gov/committees/board_of_county_commissioners_bcc. All approved Ordinances and Resolutions are available on the County website at www.santafecountynm.gov/ordinances_and_resolutions once they are approved recorded. All BCC meetings are broadcast live at www.santafecountynm.gov, on Comcast Ch. 28 and on Que Suave AM 810. To view recorded video of this BCC meeting visit www.santafecountynm.gov/video_on_demand/. Transcripts of the meeting will be available within 10 working days at www.santafecountynm.gov, once approved.