January 29, 2013 BCC Summary
« Back to News Listing
January 30, 2013
January 29, 2013 BCC Summary
Santa Fe, NM – January 30, 2013 - Below is a summary of the actions taken by the Santa Fe Board of County Commissioners (BCC). All five Commissioners were present.
The BCC unanimously approved the December 11, 2012 minutes (Commissioner Miguel Chavez abstained).
The BCC approved the Consent Calendar (Withdrawal of item XII B.2)
Proclamations and Presentations
- The BCC recognized the volunteer firefighter graduates from the sixth Santa Fe County Fire Department Volunteer Fire Academy.
- The BCC unanimously approved a Proclamation recognizing Chimayo Fire Chief Julian Sandoval’s selection as New Mexico’s State Fire Chief of The Year For 2012.
- The BCC presented and acknowledged Lorina Sanchez for Employee of the Quarter, 2nd Quarter of Fiscal Year 2013.
- The BCC recognized the contributions of retiring COLTPAC Members: Sandra Massengill, Scott Stovall, Sam Pallin, Jerry Rogers, and Matthew Montoya.
- Santa Fe County Graduates of the New Mexico EDGE County College and Certified Public Official Programs and The NM CAPE (Certified Advocated in Public Ethics) Program were acknowledged and recognized.
Matters from the Commission (Resolutions)
- Resolution No. 2013-5, a Resolution supporting energy efficient building tax credit legislation at the 2013 New Mexico Legislative Session was unanimously approved.
- Resolution No. 2013-6, a Resolution to support health care for all residents of New Mexico; rescinding Resolution 2008-1 was unanimously approved.
- Resolution No. 2013-7, a Resolution adopting sustainable resource management principles and directing staff to “Lead By Example” with respect to implementing cost-effective waste reduction, recycling and clean energy strategies in county operations was unanimously approved.
- Resolution No. 2013-8, a Resolution supporting State Corrections moving the State Penitentiary on State Highway 14 off of wells and on to county water was unanimously approved.
Staff And Elected Officials’ Items
Human Resources Department
- An Amendment to the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Santa Fe County and CWA-Corrections Union was unanimously approved.
- The BCC unanimously approved the Audited Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 2012.The BCC unanimously approved The Fiscal Year 2014 Operating Budget for the Buckman Direct Diversion Water Treatment Plan.
Health And Human Services
- Resolution No. 2013-13, A Resolution authorizing the County Manager to submit a grant and distribution funding application and related documents for DWI Prevention in Santa Fe County for Fiscal Year 2014 to the New Mexico Department of Finance and Administration was unanimously approved.
Matters From The County Attorney
- The BCC unanimously approved Amendment No. 2 to the City/County Landfill First Amended Joint Powers Agreement.
Public Hearings Ordinance
- The BCC held the first hearing for the purposed Santa Fe County Animal Control Ordinance: An Ordinance Governing The Duties Of Animal Owners; Impoundment Of Animals; Issuance Of Permits; Defining Offenses; Establishing Penalties; And Repealing Santa Fe County Ordinances 1981-7, 1982-7, 1990-8 And 1991-6 And Santa Fe County Resolution 1982-28 (First Public Hearing).
- The BCC held a Public Hearing concerning the Low Income Property Tax Rebate, Ordinance 2009-2, there was no public input and the BCC took no action.
All approved Ordinances and Resolutions are available on the County website at www.santafecountynm.gov/ordinances_and_resolutions once they are approved recorded. All BCC meetings are broadcast live at www.santafecountynm.gov, on Comcast Ch. 28 and on Que Suave AM 810. To view recorded video of this BCC meeting visit www.santafecountynm.gov/video_on_demand/. Transcripts of the meeting will be available within 10 working days at www.santafecountynm.gov, once approved.